Tuesday, February 10, 2009

That's Old!

The other day my middle Grandgirlie and i were talking about her birthday that's coming up next month. She's going to be 8. We were trying to decide what we were going to do for her birthday. (We have it narrowed down to Chuck E Cheese or Ice Skating). We started discussing candles on the cake. When the kids are little we put exactly the number of candles for thier year plus one to grow on.When ya get old like me we just use the number candles. So Middle Girlie says to me...



"Grandma, when i'm a hundred years old are you going to put a hundred birthday candles on my cake or are you going to use those number candles?"



My response?



" Well Kiddo, probably a one and a zero and a zero candle. But considering i'll be 139 years old at that time i dont think im gonna be there."



She started laughing..."Yeah...i'll probably use the number candles".





Here she is at her birthday party when she was 4.

Our little princess...





















Till Later :o)

2 comments:

Delores Getmeslippers said...

Your grand children are lovely. They are lucky to have a lovely Grandma, so young!! I would opt for the ice skating.

Sage Ravenwood said...

I would want a candle for each year if I made it to be 100, let them flaming work for it *winks*. (Hugs)Indigo