Friday, February 13, 2009

And The Beat Goes On

Ya know...
I think i used to be clever.
I think i used to be inspired.
Some days i think my brain is just a big ol pile of mush that sometimes i feel like i just cant think straight.
Or maybe i AM thinking straight its just that i'm standing on my head.

Sometimes i think..has 46 years of my life really passed by?
Already??
You can see it on my face.
When did i get that line between my brows?
I remember.
I use to call that my Carlos line.
What a waste of a knitted brow.
And those dark circles under my eyes?
Must be all those sleepless nights, past, present and future.
What about my hair?
Was it really THAT long ago when i grew it out and am i still really trying to decide what to do with it??

We were talking the other day about getting older.
My friend said 50 was going to be tough for her.
Because in her own words, "At fifty, you're just about done." I laughed so hard when she said that because..... i think thats true.

Life use to make me laugh.
I use to find the funny in everyday things.
Not so much anymore.

But thats a secret.
No one knows that but you.
So shhhh.

And i keep trudging on.

Till Later...




3 comments:

sparkx said...

ditto my friend, ditto x

Delores Getmeslippers said...

Oh Terry, you are just having a bad day. Talk to people who are over 50. I bet they don't think it's all over. You are just tired. Have a drink on me!

Sage Ravenwood said...

I find myself trying not to look in the mirror so often these days. I don't look my age, neither do you. So considering that what act our age *winks*. (Hugs)Indigo