Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Singing..

I sing a lot in the car. I always have. I love music. It doesnt matter what kind of music it is either. It could be televevision theme songs, popular songs on the radio or just holiday songs. It doesnt matter. I just love music.
My Grandkids love music too. I can catch my 4 year old Grandson mindlessly singing the theme song from Scooby Doo or just singing the catchty diddy from the movie Madagascar..."i like to move it move it...i like to move it move it". Middle Grandgirlie just breaks out in song while she's dancing across the room and Older Grandgirlie hums all the time. She's the one with the great voice. She is 10 years old and was picked to be in Honors Choir at her school and she has a solo in the Christmas program singing Santa Claus is Coming To Town. I can catch her singing songs that she hears me singing to the baby. One of my favorites to sing to her is High Hopes by Frank Sinatra. Ya know...the one about the ant who has high hopes and oops there goes another rubber tree plant. She sings Bicycle Built For Two and I've Been Working on the Railroad and then in the next breath will sing a Christina Aguliera song note for note.

I remember when my daughter was about 2 years old. It was Christmas time 1982. The Cardinals had won the World Series that October and all was right in the world. We were in the car going somewhere and we were singing songs like always. We were singing Christmas Carols and Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire was one of my favorites to sing. "Chestnuts roasting on an open fire...Jack Frost nipping at your nose....". My two year old daughter always mimiced me and i could hear her in the backseat singing away.
"Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. Jack Clark nipping at your nose....".

Jack Clark was the first baseman for the St Louis Cardinals and i was sooo in love with him.

That tickled me. I sure would have liked Jack Clark nipping at my nose!

Till Later....

1 comment:

Delores Getmeslippers said...

Hey, two entries for the price of one. I love your tale of the date, I am full of admiration that you stuck it out all evening. You must record your Granddaughter singing and put it on here so that we can hear her. (Is that possible).